Your Brand at Deakin
How established is your organisations brand recognition amongst Deakin students, graduates and teaching staff? Do the students in your target market know what differentiates your business, why they should work for you and how you recruit?
Include our profile raising opportunities in your branding strategy in 2018 and beyond.
Think long term when raising your organisation profile with students and graduates, how you can make an impact in a students:
- first year – scholarships, early identification programs
- their middle years – internships, vacation programs, advertising short term casual job opportunities on the Jobs and Internships Board
- final year – Experience and Employment Expos, Graduate Job Search Program, advertising your entry level roles and graduate programs on the Jobs and Internships Board
- postgraduate years – all of the above and targeted promotion
Experience & Employment Expos
Our Expos are an opportunity to promote all forms of work experience, volunteering, early-identification programs, graduate programs and entry level graduate roles directly to students on campus.
Get immediate feedback from students about your offerings and meet our amazing student talent in person.
Our Experience & Employment Expos are run twice a year, March and July/August. They are held at our Melbourne Burwood campus and Geelong campuses.
Benefits of attending our Expo:
- 225+ exhibitors across campuses and an estimated 4500-5000 attendees in T1 2018 alone!
- Excellent opportunity to create brand awareness as an employer of choice
- The Expos are promoted to students in disciplines that are relevant to your organisation
- There is no cost to attend
Involvement in Student Engagement Events
Deakin offers a range of career events throughout the year to engage with students and encourage them to be focused on their future career. Below are featured events that we would love for organisations to be involved with, and that give you an opportunity to meet engaged students/graduates and add significant value to the event.
DeakinTALENT Advantage Program is a development program for career starters offered all year round. It is designed to increase a student’s marketability. Opportunities for organisations could include:
- facilitating job search workshops,
- participating in industry networking events and,
- providing rewards for student engagement, for example site visits for students, mentoring or shadowing opportunities.
Graduate Job Search Program is aimed at students coming into their final year and in the lead up to graduate recruitment seasons in March and July. It is designed to equip students with the tools they need identify their career interests, motivators and skills to develop a wish-list of employers or industries they would like to work in. At the conclusion of the program students attend an Application and Interview Bootcamp to ensure they are marketable to employers and representing themselves successfully. Opportunities for employers include:
- Attending the Application Bootcamp and sharing insights and tips with students about their individual recruitment processes. 1 – 2 hours commitment.
- Attending the Interview Bootcamp where organisations are involved in speed interviewing with students providing them with feedback to improve their interview techniques. 1 – 2 hours commitment
Careers Festival is a series of career events organised by each of our Deakin faculties. The career events range from ‘Careers in…’ sessions, ‘Where does a … degree take you?’ to broader employability and job search sessions. Many of the sessions are employer panels, so we would encourage any organisation wanting to connect with their cohort of students to connect with us!
If you would be interested in getting involved in an on campus event, please let us know
Jobs and Internship Board
By advertising your opportunities and programs regularly on the Jobs and Internship Board, you ensure our students see your organisation as an employer of choice. Our students will learn to expect your early identification, vacation and graduate programs to be advertised at certain times of the year, and they will know that you want to engage with them.
On average, we have over 10,000 logins per month or over 300 per day of students and Graduates looking for immediate work and using the site to research who is and who had recruited for their discipline.
Keep our Jobs and Internship Board in mind for any roles your organisation advertises that would suit a student or graduate. It’s a great way for students to connect and there is no cost to advertise positions.
Social media and target marketing
The DeakinTALENT team offers employers the opportunity to further their reach and increase overall brand awareness when promoting employment opportunities and events to Deakin students.
The team utilises a range of communication channels to connect relevant students with these opportunities through:
- targeted emails,
- online posts on on DeakinTALENT Connect platform
- and our social media platforms, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
To complete this request, our team needs a list of the specific groups of students you would like to target, a short blurb, jpg image and link to the job or event listings on the Jobs and Internships Board. Send us an email request and we will chat to you about next steps.
How are you going to raise your brand awareness with Deakin students, graduates and staff?
Talk to us today about any of the above options and the ideas you have to connect and make an impact with our Deakin student, graduate and staff community.